If your WordPress site is no longer accessible, you will suddenly see the message “Internal Server Error” instead of your homepage. We have put together all the important information so that you can solve the problem quickly.
WordPress – Internal Server Error: Is the server offline?
The Internal Server Error message says nothing about the problem and can have many causes.
- First check whether you can reach the server at all via your internet connection.
- It happens that computers in the intermediate connections fail at short notice. They can then not reach your site, while the rest of the EU, for example, has no problem at all.
- Visit http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and enter your web address here.
- You’ll then find out whether it’s just you or the whole world has no access.
- If you are having trouble, clear your browser’s cache and try again after a few minutes.
- If the site is not accessible to everyone, contact your provider to find out whether the web server is down.