WordPress is (by far) the most used and therefore probably the most popular CMS on the market. Originally it was only intended for creating weblogs (blogs), but over the years it has developed into a real all-rounder. Thanks to the many extensions, almost all possible web projects can now be implemented with WordPress. Normal use of WordPress does not normally require any programming knowledge.
In the comparison table linked below you will find compatible web hosting tariffs, sensibly pre-filtered with SSL certificate and WordPress 1-click installer:
Get started right now
Compare WordPress tariffs
If you prefer to install WordPress manually instead of using the 1-click installer, you can follow this comprehensive guide.
Some special features / functions of WordPress:
- WordPress is under the free GPLv2 license and is therefore open source software. The software itself is available free of charge.
- The CMS is still strongly geared towards creating blogs and also includes a comment system right from the start.
- Thanks to its widespread use, there are not only a large number of extensions in the form of plugins, but also a particularly large number of free and paid themes (this is what the design templates that determine the appearance and structure of the website are called).
- Since version 5.0, WordPress has offered an innovative block editor for designing website content, which replaces the classic editor.
- Thanks to responsive web design, your website can also be used optimally with a smartphone. Even content creation is possible.
- WordPress updates are automatically imported.
- It is also possible to manage the content of the CMS with several users.
- And more …
Screenshots for the first impression:
Here you can see the dashboard, the overview page from the WordPress backend. You manage your actual website via the backend.
Choose a theme and set it up according to your wishes using the customizer.
Create or change content on your website with the block editor.
Make basic settings to determine how your website should behave.
Extend the functionality of WordPress by installing plugins.
To the WordPress tariffs