For the official WordPress app for iOS of the content management system of the same name from Automattic, a major update with version number 19.5 is now available for download in the iTunes App Store. With this update, notifications for comments have been given a snazzy new look. The quick start design in the website menu and dashboard has also gotten a new look. It also comes with the usual feature enhancements, bug fixes, and stability improvements to make the app more reliable. The update with version number 19.5 requires a device with iOS 13.0 or higher and can now be downloaded from the iTunes App Store. More information about this update can be found below or in the iTunes App Store.
Download -> Download the WordPress App for iOS in the iTunes App Store
Version 19.5 of WordPress can now be downloaded from the iTunes App Store:
Version 19.5 includes the following new features and improvements:
- We’ve given comment notifications a snazzy new look. The Quick Start theme in your website menu and dashboard has also gotten a new look.
- When you create a new website and enter the domain name, you’ll now see a more accurate error message if you use non-English characters that aren’t letters or numbers. We’ve also updated the text for upload errors in media upload blocks.
- Not sure if your Image Block contains an image or a GIF? You don’t have to worry about that anymore – animated GIFs now have a GIF badge.
- In addition, we also fixed a few bugs while improving.
- Good news for all the orphaned comments: we fixed a bug where replies to comments were lost when parent comments were unapproved.
- When you switch between websites on an iPad, the sidebar navigation items no longer switch with it. You’ll see the same menu item that you viewed on the previous site.
- Changes to the ordered list block settings are now reflected in the editor, not just in the preview.
- We fixed a keyboard issue when creating WP.com accounts. If you change your mind while entering the password for a magic link, you can hide the keyboard and get on with something else.
WordPress App for iOS -> Description via iTunes App Store
Manage your WordPress blog or website from your iPhone or iPad on the go: view your stats, moderate comments, create and edit posts and pages, and upload media. All you need is a blog at WordPress.com or a self-hosted WordPress website running version 4.0 or higher. With WordPress for iOS, publishing content is right in your hands.
The WordPress app for iOS requires a device running iOS 13.0 or higher.