A major update with version number 19.2 is now available for download in the iTunes App Store for the WordPress app for iOS. With this update, some design changes have been made to further improve the user experience. For example, if you change the font size and line height for block themes, the text blocks in the block editor will now resize along with the text. Redesigned some of the screens in the app, including my site. If you change the media in an image block that’s also used as a featured image, you’ll now be asked if you want to change the featured image at the same time, and more. As always, the overview of the release notes provides a complete overview of the new features. The update with version number 19.2 requires a device with iOS 13.0 or higher and can now be downloaded from the iTunes App Store. More information about this update can be found below or in the iTunes App Store.
Download -> Download the WordPress App for iOS in the iTunes App Store
Version 19.2 of WordPress can now be downloaded from the iTunes App Store:
Version 19.2 includes the following new features and improvements:
In this latest WordPress release, we’ve made some design changes to improve the user experience even further.
- Blocks of text in the block editor now resize along with the text when you change the font size and line height for block themes.
- We’ve redesigned some of the screens in the app, including My Site. A fresh look!
- There’s nothing like a tidy inbox! That’s why we added a button that allows you to mark all filtered notifications as read.
- On the Site tab, in the Configure > People menu, we’ve added an email filter that lets you see your email followers, learn more about them, and even remove them.
- In comment threads, we removed the share icon and instead added the option to moderate comments within a thread.
- If you change the media in an image block that is also used as a featured image, you will now be asked if you want to replace the featured image at the same time.
- We’ve improved navigation in the stats, making it easier to switch between days and insights. You can also use the new navigation icon to create new stat cards directly in the stats screen.
We also fixed some annoying bugs in the website launch process.
- We fixed a website creation bug that was causing the website to be assigned the wrong time zone. This was especially problematic for scheduled posts. But that’s over now, from now on your posts will always be published exactly at the scheduled time.
- Quick launch no longer appears when users log in to a self-hosted site that does not use the Jetpack plugin, even if they decline at the quick launch prompt. This change was really overdue.
- When you select a theme or layout when creating a website, the checkbox no longer flickers when switching between options.
WordPress App for iOS -> Description via iTunes App Store
Manage your WordPress blog or website from your iPhone or iPad on the go: view your stats, moderate comments, create and edit posts and pages, and upload media. All you need is a blog at WordPress.com or a self-hosted WordPress website running version 4.0 or higher. With WordPress for iOS, publishing content is right in your hands.
The WordPress app for iOS requires a device running iOS 13.0 or higher.