WordPress App for iOS version 19.1 is now being distributed
A major update with version number 19.1 is now available for download in the iTunes App Store for the WordPress app for iOS. The update contains a number of new features, fixes, stability and performance improvements and will be distributed automatically in the next few days. As always, the overview of the release notes provides a complete overview of the new features. There are also the usual bug fixes and improvements to make the app more reliable. The update with version number 19.1 requires a device with iOS 13.0 or higher and can now be downloaded from the iTunes App Store. More information about this update can be found below or in the iTunes App Store.
Download -> Download the WordPress App for iOS in the iTunes App Store
Version 19.1 of WordPress can now be downloaded from the iTunes App Store:
Version 19.1 includes the following new features and improvements:
- We fixed an issue where self-hosted websites would crash when attempting to upload media without an internet connection. Not pretty, but solved.
- Speaking of media, have you given the app limited access to your media library? No problem. We’ve added a prompt to the media selector if you want to change your settings and give more permissions. For better readability uses the prompt in Dynamic Type.
- We’ve also optimized VoiceOver and Dynamic Type for the activity log and calendar for scheduled posts. This improves the experience for users who need more visual ease of use.
- Great news for comments: You can now follow conversations with a button in the comments header.
- We’ve made some useful updates to the block editor.
- We fixed an issue where buttons in the Buttons block weren’t aligning left, right, or center.
- We’ve added translations for color settings in Cover Blocks.
- If you select an image, the video thumbnail will no longer appear and vice versa.
- We’ve hidden the help button at the bottom right of the unused block editor to avoid confusing you.
- If you use different text and background colors in Text Blocks, you’ll get a notification if the color combination is difficult for some people to read.
- We fixed a number of rare issues with changing the color of unselected text.
- We also fixed some minor issues and crashes.
- Not all users were seeing notifications with weekly summaries. That works now.
- The username selection screen no longer loads twice.
- If you connect your Facebook account to Publicize, you will now be successfully logged in.
- Images with a copyright symbol in the file name are now uploaded correctly and displayed in the share sheet.
- Last but not least, we’ve improved error messages on the login screen for self-hosted sites.
WordPress App for iOS -> Description via iTunes App Store
Manage your WordPress blog or website from your iPhone or iPad on the go: view your stats, moderate comments, create and edit posts and pages, and upload media. All you need is a blog at WordPress.com or a self-hosted WordPress website running version 4.0 or higher. With WordPress for iOS, publishing content is right in your hands.
The WordPress app for iOS requires a device running iOS 13.0 or higher.