A major update for the WordPress app for iOS is available for download in the iTunes App Store. With the new version you now get a suggested time zone based on your device to improve your search. Video uploads are now limited to five minutes per file on the free plan. Videos you’ve already uploaded to your site will not be affected. In addition, a few changes were made to the block editor and various bugs were fixed. The update with version number 19.0 requires a device with iOS 13.0 or higher and can now be downloaded from the iTunes App Store. More information about this update can be found below or in the iTunes App Store.
Download -> Download the WordPress App for iOS in the iTunes App Store
Version 19.0 of WordPress can now be downloaded from the iTunes App Store:
Version 19.0 includes the following new features and improvements:
- What time is it? Our brand new time zone selector view has the answer. Get a suggested time zone based on your device and use it to improve your search.
- Video uploads are now limited to five minutes per file on the free plan. But don’t worry, videos you’ve already uploaded to your site won’t be affected.
- We’ve also made a few changes to the block editor:
- Fixed translation issues that caused some UI elements (like the text alignment information and the block editor modal window) to appear in English only.
- Added language translations for Jetpack and Layout Grid blocks.
- Fixed an error due to which text formatting would reset to default after pressing the backspace key. So nothing stands in the way of bold type.
- Multi-line block titles are now center-aligned in the inserter menu.
- And last but not least: The line “Share WordPress with a friend” is now displayed in the “Me” view as usual.
WordPress App for iOS -> Description via iTunes App Store
Manage your WordPress blog or website from your iPhone or iPad on the go: view your stats, moderate comments, create and edit posts and pages, and upload media. All you need is a blog at WordPress.com or a self-hosted WordPress website running version 4.0 or higher. With WordPress for iOS, publishing content is right in your hands.
The WordPress app for iOS requires a device running iOS 13.0 or higher.