An update for the WordPress app for Android is available for download in the Google Play Store. In this version, you now get suggested links instead of auto-filled links from the clipboard for buttons and image blocks. Now when you click Copy link, you can now share links to published posts. Additionally, when creating a gallery block, the device’s media options are now opened. There are also bug fixes and improvements to make the app more reliable. The version 18.8 update requires a device running Android 7.0 or higher and is available to download now from the Google Play Store, otherwise you will be notified as soon as it is available for your device. More information about this update can be found below or in the Google Play Store.
Download -> Download WordPress App for Android in Google Play Store
Version 18.8 of WordPress can now be downloaded from the Google Play Store:
Version 18.8 includes the following new features and improvements:
- Receive link suggestions instead of automatically filled links from the clipboard for buttons and image blocks.
- Click Copy Link to share links to published posts.
- Inserter menu tabs match your device’s language.
- Creating a gallery block opens the device’s media options.
- Fixed font size issue and RTL visual issues.
- Edit embed block links in block settings.
WordPress App for Android -> Description via Google Play Store
Manage your WordPress blog or website from your Android device on the go: view your stats, moderate comments, create and edit posts and pages, and upload media. All you need is a blog at WordPress.com or a self-hosted WordPress website running version 4.0 or higher. With WordPress for Android, publishing content is right in your hands.
The WordPress app for Android requires a device running Android 7.0 or higher.