The industry has been complaining about a shortage of skilled workers in many areas for a long time. In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic has opened up new attractive opportunities for employees – think of working from home and more flexible working hours.
If the employees are also dissatisfied with their current job, quite a few will turn their backs on their previous employers. The aim here is to make workplaces more attractive. Intelligent automation of unpleasant and monotonous tasks can support this.
While corona lockdowns & Co. have noticeably weighed on many people, the opposite is the case for a large number of companies. Quite a few companies are experiencing an involuntary streamlining process because more and more employees are leaving the company. The reason: the pandemic is causing some employees to question their lives and jobs. Stupid, recurring and unchallenging tasks lead many to the sober realization that their work simply does not fulfill them – the inner resignation is as good as written. According to a report by Microsoft, in 2021 more than 40 percent of employees – worldwide and across all industries – were at odds with their job and were considering a change of employer in the same year. For companies, this means that valuable knowledge is lost and the smooth running of business processes is jeopardized.
So what is more obvious than making the job so attractive that not only the employees but also the company itself benefits from it? This is exactly where intelligent automation comes into play: If monotonous and tedious tasks in particular are automated, employees can focus on more attractive activities. And this has not only one advantage:
8 reasons for intelligent automation
- Increased employee retention and satisfaction: Monotonous, repetitive tasks, like processing invoices and manual data entry, are a common trigger for employees to throw in the towel. However, intelligent automation technologies, such as robotic process automation and cognitive data collection, allow the necessary data and information to be read in automatically – which not only makes the process significantly faster, but also less error-prone. Employees thus have more time for higher-quality work such as customer interactions or strategic tasks.
- Reduced Stress Level: Nothing tires an employee faster than repetitive activities. If the number of workers is also reduced, such tasks accumulate very quickly and it becomes difficult to master them. If automation takes over this work, it relieves the employees and thus reduces the stress level.
- Improved work-life balance: If employees can finish work on time, they have more time for family and hobbies. A good work-life balance ensures satisfaction and more energy – a must if you want your staff to enjoy coming to work every day.
- Streamlined collaboration between cross-functional teams: Intelligent automation connects previously siled business functions into interconnected systems so that work steps are simplified and information is more accessible to everyone. Through a low-code platform, everyone from any department in the company can work together on automation initiatives. This in turn creates a greater understanding of the purpose behind the job and helps staff feel valued.
- Higher productivity: With intelligent automation, the time it takes to process documents can be significantly reduced. In addition, the data is forwarded to the respective system in real time. This gives employees direct access to accurate and up-to-date data. This, in turn, enables them to do their jobs faster and better.
- Reduced costs: If work steps are digitized, otherwise manual tasks such as invoice processing, customer onboarding and processing claims can be completed more quickly. In addition, such an automated process is less error-prone than manual processes – and also more cost-effective. Further cost savings result from improved compliance, less frequent late payment penalties and the increased granting of discounts through more punctual payment.
- Improved customer experience: Unsurprisingly, an optimized employee experience has a direct impact on customer satisfaction. When employees feel included and valued, they are more likely to stay focused, perform well, and smile when interacting with customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Better business decisions: Sophisticated analyzes (advanced analytics) lead to valuable insights that management can use to improve business processes and performance. They also allow bottlenecks in work processes to be identified, cash flow to be improved and the impact of processes on customer satisfaction and profitability to be understood.
Please confirm your email address!
Click on the link in the email we just sent you. Also check your spam folder and whitelist us.
More information about the newsletter.
Conclusion: Intelligent automation creates motivated employees and competitive advantages
If employees are relieved of monotonous tasks, they can concentrate more on more meaningful work. This is exactly what AI-supported automation allows. Because it makes it possible to evaluate everyday manual tasks and functions, to identify “annoying” activities and to find ways of automating them. In addition, it allows a company to prioritize and determine which labor-intensive tasks to eliminate by automating primarily those tasks that have the greatest impact on the business. This not only increases the efficiency of the company, but also that of its members.
Employees who feel less burned out and unfulfilled pack less often. If an employer takes all of this into account and leaves his employees to do meaningful work, he can gain a competitive advantage and counteract an undesirable streamlining of the company. The only person who then submits their resignation is the internal resignation itself.