la web design is again very important as technological tools are being developed that allow the distribution of different types of content: videos, writings, products, services, etc. In this article you will learn how to install and use WordPress locally with MAMP.
The tools to carry out web projects have been available to everyone for several years, which is why you don’t need to be a real expert Web Platform Design .
WordPress, an ideal tool
Of so many tools you can find by searching online, many (if not all) mention WordPress. It is a tool launched in 2003 that is now increasing to the preferred system for layout and design of web platforms .
MAMP, an element not to be missed
For you and anyone interested in building local servers, MAMP is an absolutely amazing application to achieve this goal. This tool is designed for the two most widely used operating systems in the world: Windows and Mac OS, so there is no excuse not to do it Get the most out of your web platform .
This app is the perfect match you helps with performance unlimited testing of all the features available for WordPress: templates, plugins, buttons and many other elements, also with the possibility to cancel them easily.
This is precisely because MAMP aims to Use your computer as a server about the WordPress work and you can change anything associated with your website without any immediate (or unwanted) impact on the design of the platform.
Easy installation, convenient use
MAMP consists of a set of software that allows you to have the necessary tools to install the server local and develop a website that everyone loves. In order to do that, you need to make sure your Mac meets all the requirements for this app to work properly, including:
- 64-bit operating system.
- 2 GB of free disk space to install the application.
- Have admin rights.
- Compatible operating system (OS X or Windows from 7 to 10).
- 1GB RAM.
- Windows users must install .NET Framework 4.0.
After downloading MAMP from the official website and completing the installation process, which as mentioned is not complicated at all, it is important to point out that the application does not work automatically , so you have to search it for him.
It should be noted that in the installation package for Windows there is an option to install MAMP Pro with a 14-day trial version, while for Mac users this trial version is automatically included.
It’s time on the Official WordPress site to download this system with corresponding installation which can be a bit complicated to associate it with MAMP, but here is the simplest explanation:
- Navigate to the MAMP installation path.
- Paste the WordPress installation folder into the MAMP » htdocs « directory.
- Start MAMP.
- Create a database by typing the following into your browser:
- http://localhost:8888/phpMyAdmin/ (for Mac users).
- http://localhost/phpMyAdmin/ (for Windows users).
- Click on ” New «.
- Give your database a name.
- Add users via the “Tab Privileges”.
- Assign the user’s name.
- Select ” Local In the option corresponding to the server.
- Click on ” generate «.
- Complete the WordPress installation by entering the following link in your browser:
- http://localhost:8888/development-wordpress/ (mac users).
- http://localhost/development-wordpress/ (Windows users).
- Enter the required information and click submit.
- Run the install.
They are all friends!
That way, you’ve already successfully installed WordPress locally using MAMP, and Check out the incredible features and benefits this program offers you for the development and design of your website without any restrictions. What are you waiting for to try it?