The easiest way to create a free WordPress blog is directly on the WordPress site. We show you how it works.
1. Registration of a new WordPress account
To start your own blog, you need to create a WordPress account.
- To do this, click on the orange “Get started” button.
- In the following window, enter your e-mail address, a user name, a password and the address you want. But beware: Only the domains ‘Name’.wordpress.com are free. For other addresses, up to 21 euros per year are due.
- After clicking “Submit”, WordPress will send you an email with a link to activate your blog.
2. Set up your free WordPress blog
If you have activated your blog, you will be automatically forwarded to the setup wizard.
- On the first page you can choose a blog title and a tagline (=subtitle). You will also be asked in which language you would like to blog.
- On the next page you can choose a theme. But here, too, there are certain features that are chargeable.
- In the third step, you can customize the selected theme. Here you can, for example, change the colors and set a banner image.
- The next step offers you to link to a Facebook or Twitter account. This should help you to generate more clicks for your blog.
- In the last step of the setup wizard, you can post your first blog entry.
Tip: In this article, we will show you how to install WordPress on PC.