Asked by: Valentyn Krusekopfasked in category: General Last Updated: 5th February, 2020
Can mold exposure make you nauseous?
Click to see full answer.
Also asked, can mold make you nauseous?
In some cases, mold in your home can make you sick, especially if you have allergies or asthma. Whether or not you're allergic to molds, mold exposure can irritate your eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs. Here's what you can do to combat mold problems, and take care of yourself and your home.
Also, what health problems can mold cause? Mold exposures have a variety of health effects depending on the person. Some people are more sensitive to mold than others. Exposure to mold can cause a number of health issues such as; throat irritation, nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, cough and wheezing, as well as skin irritation in some cases.
Similarly, it is asked, how do you tell if mold is making you sick?
If your Total Body Burden is high, or you are genetically predisposed to recycling toxins, regular exposure to mold can cause allergy symptoms, such as:
- Wheezing/shortness of breath.
- Watery eyes.
- Runny nose.
- Itchy eyes.
- Redness of the eyes.
- Long standing or frequent sinusitis.
How long does it take for mold to affect you?
Under ideal conditions (optimal temperature and level of humidity), it takes 24 to 48 hours for mold to germinate and grow. Typically, the spores begin to colonize in 3 to 12 days and become visible in about 18-21 days.